Monday, August 18, 2008

Sunday Insomnia


It seems to happen every week, 10 pm rolls around on Sunday night and I'm laying in bed not even tired. I usually watch some tv for a bit, maybe some Iron Chef America or ESPNEWS. I make it through the entire episode and soon the sleep timer shuts the tv off. I lie on my side for a bit and eventually thrash about till I make my way to the other side, keep my eyes pressed tight shut and try not to let my mind think about the long Monday I have ahead of me. I'm sure its a combination of anxiety for the day that awaits me and the fact that I can't get to sleep and am worried about being tired all day only exacerbates the problem. I usually take a nap on Sunday for an hour or two, however yesterday my nap was less than thirty minutes.
 
Last night seemed to be the worst of all. I lasted through 2 sleep timers on the tv and the sleep timer on my ipod, I facebooked for a bit in an attempt to tire myself out and eventually got to sleep around 3 am. I slept through my 6:30 alarm reminding me to go to the gym. I'm not really sure the reason for my Sunday Insomnia but it has plagued me for months, any ideas?

No comments: