Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Swindlers



I have come to realize today that I am easily swindled by my teachers.  I could have been complaining for days, weeks, months, entire semesters about a certain assignment, a certain teaching style, or a certain entire class.  There are those teachers who admit they are wrong, or admit that the class or assignment is not very well suited for you, the other students, or the purpose of the class... and then... there are the car-sales-men teachers.  The way they talk, insist on certain points so confidently, forcefully, relentlessly, and politely, makes it awkward for you to say no.
And after about 4 minutes of you getting to get about 6 words in edgewise, you leave the room happy and beaming, thinking your concerns have been solved only to realize about fifteen seconds after that teacher has left your sight, that nothing was solved, changed, more understood, or explained.
You've been swindled.

2 comments:

Fish Nat!on said...

im sorry. i, on the other hand feel like it is i who swindles the teachers. i quickly figure out who will accept shit writing and who wont, and for those that do, shit is what they get, and for those who dont, a small step above shit. in the end, they give me decent grades for things they dont want to read anyway, and i read time instead of text.

Anonymous said...

Brady, I have just come acrossed your blog and have been throughly entertain for the space of 10 minutes, on the verge of peeing my pants from laughter.. I really appreciate you humor....LOL