(those are steaks from the bbq we had at hole n the rock)
In my preparation I printed out about 100 pages of reading for my Geography class that I had somehow managed to put off until the last week of the semester. I also packed along: music, my laptop and Dvds so that, at any moment I could throw up my armor and protect myself from any situation I might encounter. My biggest fear initially was that for some freak reason, Laura and I would be forced to share a hotel room with some other band couple, creeped the hell out of me to be honest. Fortunately, that never happened.
So we piled on the tour bus and made our way to Moab, which was wonderful. I had never been there, we stopped and enjoyed some authentic mexican cuisine and were on our way to the thriving metropolis of Monticello. Upon arrival we headed over to Monticello high school for a concert. As Laura prepared for her performance, I wandered my way around the school. The senior class at this school was 30 strong.... from what I could tell the entire population showed up for the concert.
The next day it was off to Durango, Colorado. I spent the entire 3 hour bus ride pissed because I was duped into not eating before boarding the bus cause I thought we would stop somewhere. Durango is a very interesting place, its main population are college students who attend Ft. Lewis College. The town is small, park city-ish. We got some tacos at Nini's taqueria (yeah, the diet is going great). We later attended another concert at Ft. Lewis, which in my opinion was better than the first.
I realized quickly that I get severe anxiety when I think about having to live in some small town in the middle of nowhere. I constantly think, where do they get their groceries? No movie theatre? Where do you buy a car? electronics? shoes? Do you have to drive to the nearest big city? So you end up taking these trips where you drive like 400 miles to buy a computer, or car. Or you buy it from the small town and get completely hosed cause there is nowhere else to go.
2 comments:
Touche' friend. I enjoy making fun of Laura for being a band geek. haha. The new thrice cd is amazing by the way. Also, be glad you are rid of that god awful place called Macaroni Grill. I was the server runner on saturday night and got completely hosed by everyone. That dumb bitch alyssa left me zero dollars. What a fat whore! Im so pissed. Luckily I have tonight and tomorrow and then I am done. Lets hang out soon.
I feel bad that we didn't say bye but oh well. You guys should have come to my thing at velour on saturday. Oh well. I will for sure holler at you when im in utah next.
As for strung out, they were way popular at the end of the 90's but now that punk is somewhat dead, they popularity has gone down. Still a great band in my opinion though.
Post a Comment