

I feel some sort of obligation to explain the reason behind the name of this blog. Well, it all starts somewhere in the neighborhood of a month ago. Laura and I are laying in my bed, dead asleep about 2:30 a.m. on a friday night. I am awoken to Laura saying, "What?" and I realize I'm laughing to myself saying, "the budget."
Just then I remembered what was so funny, in my dream I was best friends with brian and stewie from Family Guy (if that isnt sad enough). I was waiting in the drive thru at taco bell ordering myself a delicious meal, turns out brian is the voice helping me at the drive thru. I order the usual, the #6 with 2 baja gorditas, to which he responds "would that be steak... or the budget?" (budget in this case meaning the mystery meat they refer to as ground beef.) Apparently, in an attempt to stimulate the sale of more steak, they started referring to ground beef as the 'budget' meat. As if going to taco bell isnt 'budget' in every sense of the word in the first place. The odd thing about this situation is that, while I was in the drive thru ordering, there was a studio audience laughter after the punchline, which caused me to laugh out loud in my sleep. As an experiment I went to taco bell last week and ordered the budget, they had no idea what the hell I was talking about.
4 comments:
ok, i am laughing my head off about "the budget" I love that you named your blog after it. Tyler and I had "budget" enchiladas tonight and had "budget" shepherds pie last night. Thanks for the laughs. (at least it wasn't hot dogs or some other real mystery meat) You get that this Easter weekend, lucky!
ha. i really thought for a minute that taco bell was truly referring to the taco meat as "the budget." for like, 10 seconds i totally loved taco bell for that. then i just laughed. still currently laughing. effing budget. that is hilarious.
Hi Brady!
Found your blog on Teshas and I cant wait to put you onour frineds list so I can laugh as hard as I am right now at the dream. I wanna know what Laura said, when you told her Budget.
Dude, why didn't you guys tell me you had a blog? I had to find out from fish tonight when he told this same story. Freakin hilarious man. I was happy to see you have me linked to your blog. I wasn't sure if you guys knew I had a blog or not. Anyways, im looking forward to reading your blog. We all need to hang out soon.
Post a Comment