Which brings me to my next point... Isnt the penny just absolutely useless? In decades past the penny played an important part of the U.S. economy because it had value. According to my grandparents there was a day when you could go see a movie, have popcorn, a drink, and some red vines for a grand total of 27 cents. Inflation has caused the penny to become obsolete. How often does an individual drop a penny on the ground and not even bother to look down to see where it went, let alone bending over to pick it up? People don't even collect pennies anymore with the purpose of trading them in for a dollar; they throw them away! I propose that the penny be abolished and sums are either rounded up or down to the nearest nickel, it will simplify things. In many countries the equivalent of the penny does not exist. On the political docket for this year should be the issue of what to do with the penny. I believe this would be the deciding factor on for whom shall I cast my vote in the election. I'm pissed that Romney did not win the GOP nomination. The guy is incredible, anything he touches turns to gold. I can assure you my vote will not go to Mccain.
"I'm going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated."
"The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I've should. Ive got Greenspan's book"
"Its not social issues I care about"--John Mccain
Is this the guy you want taking office and pulling us out of this recession?
-written by Brady
2 comments:
Well said friend. I agree on all points. I thought of you today as I was chatting it up with a friend of a friend about economics and such. She was an econ major and i told her about how I felt about econ as compared to accounting. She had that same ideas and thoughts about econ as you do so I told her I had had similar conversations with a buddy in utah. Anywho, kind of random but just thought i would let you know. Also...go Lakers.
thanks for the writer clarification. ive said it once, and ill say it again. i still choose mccain over the other two. perhaps he does not know a whole butt load of crap about the economy, but he sure as hell can have people in his cabinet who do.
is he a boner? yes.
are the other two giant, quivering boners? yes, and, yes.
Post a Comment