

I took the time today to look at my friends, or people that would wave to me, and to see what their life was like now-a-days. As a glossed over these photos of old friends, many of them very straight-laced, I noticed that, with a few exceptions, everyone was getting completely trashed, wasted, and falling all over themselves.
I always thought my college experience was close to average, apart from the whole getting married at 21 thing, and being a band geek thing, but apparently not.
While you are in your most difficult of academic times, I suppose we are to "brighten" our minds by seeing how much beer this girl Mary here can drink. I know I feel much more prepared for an exam if I have a huge hangover and I know it is impossible to think of having a good time unless the room is spinning. I like feeling like I'm going to puke and having no control over what I'm saying, especially since I won't remember it, or the test I studied for, the next day. The only people that will remember it include the rest of the world. No Big.
Now I'm not saying people are good or bad if they get wasted. This is totally normal and socially acceptable. I know I have had a good few laughs at people being extra silly. I'm just saying it took until now, this moment, to realize THIS is the norm, I am the abnormal. Thank goodness.
3 comments:
i knever know who is writing. please specify.
god bless
fish
First- I agree with Fish. Second-I also agree with you, whoever that is, i think Laura. I am so glad I didn't end up like that. Third- The macaroni grill here is way different in both good and bad ways. For instance, try having to every single thing to your table on a tray no matter how large or small. Just one coke? Use a tray. One good thing is that we have a crew that rolls and sweeps for us so we don't have to do either or pay anyone for that matter. Anywho, the list goes on and on. I miss utah and I can't wait to actually get a real job. Im sure you can confirm how nice that is Brady. Peace.
oh scott was right, its me, laura
Post a Comment